Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I hate iTunes

So I have an 80 GB iPod Classic. I don't have an obsession with Apple or anything like that. Steve Jobs is not my personal hero, but at the time it offered the best mp3 player capability to me. On a daily basis I bring my iPod to the office to listen to music and I choose not to sync it to that PC. Rarely do I have any problems with the exception of the occasional iTunes crash. Being as it was Mac software that was ported to Windows, I just shrug it off and restart the application. However, today not only did iTunes crash, it would not respond to even ending the process with Task Manager. WTF? I actually had to reboot so that I could kill the dam process so that Windows could eject my iPod cleanly. When my PC came back up I didn't bother plugging in my iPod since I still had a few TWiT podcasts on which I had to catch up. On my way home around 5 PM I found nothing good on the radio and plugged in the iPod so that I could rock out to 21st Century Breakdown only to find that during the crash, iTunes decided to wipe out 40 of the 60 GB worth of data on my iPod. Sometimes I hate technology. At this point I hate iTunes enough that my next mp3 player might be a Zune. Yeah, it's that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment